Sunday, December 22, 2013

Merry Christmas to all!

I do love this time of year! We have lived in a Winter Wonderland all month, since a heavy snowfall in November was closely followed by freezing rain that "glued" the snow to the tree branches. Every snowfall since just rests on top of this frozen base coat. Not so fun for the poor trees, with their heavy boughs weighted nearly to the ground, but ever so beautiful for us to enjoy!

I had an oncology check-up this past week and got the "all-clear," both for cancer and for pneumonia. My four fractured ribs are healing nicely--I feel only a few twinges now and then. (No exuberant hugs, please!) I am enjoying renewed energy and a heightened appreciation for good health. Yay!

Sorry for the silence on my blog! I am in the midst of intensive rewrites to my rewrites, and this time I believe the story is finally becoming what it is meant to be. Once I turn in the manuscript, I intend to explain my learning process in all its lumpy, ugly detail. Heh. And I have some fun blog posts in mind about research and inspiration.

But for the present, my writing time is dedicated to the book itself, and all the fun peripherals like blogs must wait another week or two. Much as I love writing this book, I look forward to having a bit more time for other creative endeavors!

Plus, when I am finished I get to read through the next Goldstone Wood novel. Yes indeed, I am soooo lucky!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness, Jill! What a rough road you've been walking. I'm rejoicing with you and your family that you are cancer and pneumonia free and that you are on the mend. I look forward to reading about your learning process, but in the meantime, enjoy your time in revolutionary France (yikes) and the Goldstone Wood (be sure to stay on the Prince's path), and of course have the merriest of Christmases celebrating our Savior's birth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Becky. It has been a different sort of year, for sure, yet I have found joy in discovering how God keeps His promise of peace and joy in the midst of trials. The Prince holds me close through the fires and reminds me that He is with me through the pain. Indescribable blessing!

      Blessings to you and yours this Christmastide!

      Delete